Elizabeth Hall Finley, MD, FRCSC
School and Training:
- Born and raised in Toronto, Canada.
- School: McGill University (BSc), University of Western Ontario (MD).
- Surgical training at McGill and Western with Plastic Surgery residency in New York at Montefiore and Einstein and a microsurgery fellowship with Dr Harry Buncke in San Francisco.
- Board Certified in both Canada and the United States in Plastic Surgery.
- Specialize in Cosmetic Breast and Abdominal Surgery. Owned and managed a private surgical facility in Banff.
Research and Publications:
- Nationally and internationally recognized for contributions in Plastic Surgery.
- Aesthetic Breast Surgery – book published 2010 by Quality Medical Publishing.
- Publications, chapters, editor of several books in plastic surgery.
- Teaching both with surgical demonstrations and lectures nationally and internationally.
- Senior Examiner for American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Chief of Staff, Mineral Springs Hospital, Banff 1988-1992
- Chair College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta Task Force on Sexual Abuse of Patients by Physicians.
- Chair Committee to set standards and guidelines for Non-Hospital Surgical Facilities in Alberta
- Multiple committee chair and memberships – American and Canadian Ethics etc.
- Past president, Canadian Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery 2011.
- Award of the Association of American Publishers for the best clinical book published in 1990
- YWCA Woman of Distinction Award, Calgary, 1994
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Board of Trustees Special Achievement Award (for contribution to plastic surgery), October 2010.
- YWCA Woman of Distinction Award, Banff, 2018.
- 3 grown children, raised in Banff
- Ski, snowboard, kitesurf, snowkite
- Loves reading mystery novels
- Learning Spanish!!